Sunday, August 26, 2012

summer vegetable frittata....at kitchen! kitchen!


A frittata of summer vegetables
 
A layering of summer vegetables of baby eggplants,
zucchini blossoms, lemon basil,
and some wonderful sun dried tomatoes from Todaro's and toasted pine nuts.
I actually got this idea when Fauziah, a friend (and another foodie) posted an aubergine quiche on fb (thank you Fauziah for posting those delicious dishes on fb). Gosh it looked so divine and sinfully delicious. So, I said to myself, I will make something like that but it will be a frittata since my son prefers it over quiche to skip the dough. Although one of these days, I will make a similar quiche. It is so easy and I served it cold as an appetizer when I had Halina and Mieszko over for an impromtu dinner. For recipe, check my previous posting on frittata and use the listed ingredients or your own summer vegetables of choice.


8-10 large eggs- beaten
1/2 cup of shredded Montasio cheese mixed with 1/2 cup of shredded parmesan reggiano cheese
Some lemon basil (or Italian basil) torn roughly
4-6 zucchini blossoms **optional
2 small eggplants sliced and roasted
4 pieces of good sun dried tomatoes sliced (reserve 4 halves to put on top)
1/4 cup of toasted pine nuts to scatter on top

Serve warm or cold with a dressing of mayonnaise pesto, salsa verde or as is. It's sinfully delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment