Monday, July 2, 2012

a minchi what?!!.....at kitchen! kitchen!

My version of  Macau's national dish called minchi.
This simple dish dates back to the Portuguese settlers
in Macau over 400 years ago.
The original recipe calls for a stir-fry with lots of fried diced potatoes,
ground beef or pork topped with a sunny side up egg.
Nothing is contant and food is always evolving so I tweaked the dish
to accomodate the ingredients that I currently have in my pantry.
Some might think this is like a corn beef hash. Maybe! But I can tell you that
it's much better and delicious!
Pretty basic ingredients:
2 cups of diced fried potatoes (fry until golden and set aside)
1 cup of diced/or cut into strips of chicken scallopine * you may use ground pork or beef*
2 tablespoons of minced garlic
1/4 cup of diced white onions
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
A very HOT WOK - stir fry the garlic and onions until golden, adding the meat.
Season with salt and pepper ( I used fish sauce) and a dash of soy sauce.
Toss in the potatoes (already deep fried and browned)
set up the stir fried on a plate; cook a sunny side up egg and slide it on top of the dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment