Saturday, January 28, 2012

a fluke and a salmon......a knockout dish.....at kitchen! kitchen!

A Fluke and a Salmon.....a knockout dish!
A new asian supermarket just opened in Marlboro, about a 10 minute drive from me. Well, I just have to check it out being a foodie that I am. It is a huge place, and I need to check out all the aisles to get myself aquainted with their merchandise. The produce are all fresh and I am tempted to fill my cart with all those fresh looking vegetables, fruits, and herbs and stuff that I don't recognize. I just have to hold myself and absorbed everything. This place is only a 10 minute drive. Such luxury!
As I approached the fresh seafood area - the fluke and the salmon cut into steaks caught my eye. They are as fresh as they come and on sale too! How do I know it's fresh - I have to smell them of course! Never hesitate to ask for a piece to smell even if the person behind the glass counter is giving you a strange look. So, that is how I ended up getting some salmon and fluke steaks.

Heat up a large cast iron pan on the stove top and add a little olive oil. In the meantime, season the fish with salt and pepper. Sear both fish on the very, very hot cast iron pan on both sides until golden. Add 1/4 cup of reisling wine and continue cooking in a preheated 425F oven for 15 or so minutes. Add some steamed vegetables of your choice to the pan just a few minutes before you take the pan out. Let cool a bit and serve in the same pan. A side dish of boiled potatoes and butter sauce will go well with it. (for butter sauce, microware a stick of butter with a squeeze of half a lemon for 1 minute or so, just until it's melted, add a bit of salt to taste and some of the pan juices).

It is a knockout!

No comments:

Post a Comment