Wednesday, December 21, 2011

unfolding the cheddar cheese for "tarts & quiches"...at kitchen! kitchen!

Cheddar Cheese Wafer
With a spread of my friend Halina's homemade figs and cranberry chutney,
it is perfect for breakfast. Now, where's that coffee??

Cheddar Cheese Wafer
Special Order Only at kitchen! kitchen! for Tarts & Quiches.
contact: jaenwitt@aol.com





  As the holiday unfolds, it  is a good excuse to indulge myself  in baking all these wonderful cookies both savory and sweet. Thankfully, it only happens once a year. One christmas, I was just doing pistachio butter cookies;  I love anything with nuts in it. This season, I came across a recipe for cheddar cheese wafer. With a little tweaking of the recipe, I made it my own for "tarts & quiches". Savory  rather than sweet. I think of it as a small pause from all the sugar rush! Fantastic top with cheese (again!), marmalade, as a soup accompaniment or simply to munch as a snack!! Where have you been all my life, you wonderful cheddar wafer you!

No comments:

Post a Comment